Employee Safety & Health Comes First
Liberty Electric has always maintained a very high standard for safety and health in the workplace where we take full responsibility for our safety. We have improved our safety awareness through continued education and certifications in all aspects of safe work practices. We have trained procedures to ensure the safety of our workforce and protect all those around us on the project.
Establishing and monitoring safe workplace practices and performing routine safety inspections are just two of the many ways that we at Liberty Electric strive to reduce the potential of injuries at work. The key to this is full acceptance from our employees that safety is our number one priority.
The Key Elements of our Safety Program
- Each foreman and supervisor is required to complete an OSHA 30 hour training class.
- Assigned hard hat, safety glasses, and boots worn at all times while on the job site – this also applies to keeping tools in good operating condition, wearing proper work attire, using lifts and ladders correctly, and helping to maintain a clean/unobstructed worksite.
- Site specific safety plans – evaluate safety needs prior to the start of a new job.
- Investigate any and all accidents.
- Maintain records of all jobsite injuries on required OSHA forms.
- To maintain an open door policy for employees to consult with management regarding any safety problems or concerns.
- Conduct weekly foreman led “tool box talk” meetings.
- Each employee is responsible for attending and completing a continuing safety training program.
- Newly hired employees must attend a “New Hire Safety Orientation” class.
Our Safety Program is another sign that: “The Only way is the Safe way”